Heroes of Hillsfar
Rumours and Information 16
- The Heroes of Hillsfar have done the impossible. In one fell swoop of valor and glory, they have ended the threat of the Torin Nomerthal’s brutal regime and have changed the Moonsea forever. No one knows exactly what form a new Hillfarian government will take, but it will no doubt be for the better. Rebels and non-humans across the region will sing their praises for years!
- Vuhm Yestral is now Regeant of Hillsfar until someone can be elected to the position. He has vowed that from now on the position of First Lord will be elected. I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes the First Lord.
- Malkyn Grenefeld was the Chamberlain of the old court of Torin Nomerthal who controlled access to the Lord and Mage of the court. Malkyn is a member of the Cloaks of Mulmaster who was invited to join the First Lord’s court before Mulmaster’s elemental disaster. She is a talented and powerful mage who used her power to protect the Lord at all costs. She would throw a fireball and destroy the room and everyone in it if the Lord would have been able to escape because of it. She stuck to protocol and the law when it came to visitors and made it difficult for even foreign dignitaries to receive audience with the First Lord. She was not present when the First Lord was killed by the Heroes of Hillsfar. She was ridding with the Red Plumes towards Elventree when the news came through of the First Lord’s death. She and some loyal Red Plumes – those likely to be tried for crimes, I reckon – kept riding to Mulmaster, while the rest of the Red Plumes loyal to Hillsfar returned there.
- Vuhm Yestral has repealed the Great Law of Humanity, saying that it is incompatible with the Great Law of Trade. All extra taxes on non-humans has been likewise repealed, and non-humans are not to be harassed. At this stage there is still a limit on non-humans entering Hillsfar, while the citizens come to terms with the changes. Vuhm Yestral has vowed to find a way to cure the madness gripping the city.
- Vuhm Yestral has employed the First Lord’s sole surviving bodyguard as his own bodyguard. She is an ex-gladiator with long, jet black hair and a greatsword. She was knocked unconscious during the battle with the Heroes of Hillsfar by a poison arrow shot by the elf ranger Zelda.